- Listed in Plastic & Petrochemicals
- Sofitel, Abu Dhabi Corniche, Abu Dhabi
Following a similar workshop held in Dubai in October 2013, there has been considerable demand for a follow-up event with the objective of raising the level of awareness of the Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS) among the regional membership.
This workshop will focus on the PRMS and its application, with particular emphasis on consistency and integration with other classification systems.
Participants of this workshop will have the opportunity to:
– Examine the PRMS Application Guidelines in detail
– Discuss example applications covered in the PRMS Application Guidelines
– Discuss SPE’s ongoing support for PRMS and upcoming updates
– Highlight synergies with other initiatives, such as the United Nations Expert Group on Resource Classification
– Discuss future directions in reserves and resources evaluation and reporting, including Unconventionals and Enhanced Oil Recovery processes
The petroleum industry is a major component of the global economy. It requires clearly defined standards for reserves and resource development project evaluations to support internal company asset management, government inventory management, project financing, and disclosures to investors under applicable regulatory guidelines. Ongoing collaboration amongst industry professionals ensures that the classification systems and estimation methods are periodically revised to accommodate requirements of all major stakeholders.
The workshop will consist of two days of informal sessions, including a number of short presentations and discussions per session. On 20 April, a training course will be offered on the application of PRMS and related topics.
Time: On Monday April 18, 2016 at 8:00 am and ends Tuesday April 19, 2016 at 5:00 pm