- Listed in Malls & Souks, Restaurants
- Dubai Mall,P.O. Box 113444, Dubai - UAE
- +971 4 362 7500
The Dubai Mall is the largest shopping in the world in terms of total area, and is the sixth largest in terms of gross leasable area.
Unveiled on 4th November 2008 with about 600 retail outlet, the mall recorded a visitor turn-out of more than 60,000 following its opening. The Dubai Mall recorded more than 37 million visitors during its first year of operations, 75 million visits in 2013, and more than 880,000 visitors each week.
Dubai Mall is located in close proximity to the tallest skyscraper in the world, Burj Khalifa. There are more than 14,000 undercover parking spaces available, with valet services and a car locater ticketing system.
The Dubai Mall is more like a ‘mall-within-a-mall’, with a total of 1200 stores featuring wonderful attractions including the Gold Souk, the Fashion Catwalk atrium, Fashion Island, Galleries Lafayette department store, Oasis Fountain Waterfall, WaterFront Atrium, region’s first SEGA indoor theme park, a 22-screen Cineplex which is the largest in Dubai, the indoor-outdoor streetscape with fully retractable roof called “The Grove”, gold and jewelry outlets, supermarket, organic food mart, and Hamley’s – the British toy store.
The Dubai Mall also houses a luxury hotel, 150 restaurants and cafes, and 22 cinema screens.
Reasons to visit Dubai Mall
• Beside the tallest tower in the world;
• One of the largest shopping and entertainment destinations in the world;
• It has one of the largest aquariums in the world, Dubai Aquarium, located right in the middle of the mall;
• Provides three areas of entertainment: Ice Rink – the largest ice rink Olympic size; SEGA Indoor Theme Park – provides everything children need to have fun; and KidZania is a true replica of a mini-city for children to play grown-up in an educational and interactive way;
• Outside the Dubai Mall the exciting show of Dancing Fountains which is an attraction in itself, visitors can see 1.5 million illuminated fountains spouting water and synchronized dancing with Arab and international music in a huge artificial lake located in the heart of Downtown Burj Khalifa complex, surrounded by El Bahar Souk, The Address hotel and the Burj Khalifa. The show lasts about 10 minutes and is repeated every 20 minutes on weekends and every 30 minutes at other times. For the happiness of all, this show takes place daily from 18h and is completely free.
For more details about the Dubai Mall, visit the official website.